Advertise with us
[May 18, 2014]
people in business [Telegraph-Herald (Dubuque, IA)]
(Telegraph-Herald (Dubuque, IA) Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Design Mill Inc. announced that Jasmine Nobis-Olson joined the company as creative content manager. She brings marketing and market research experience within a diverse set of industries and will provide strategic focus to the marketing and content development areas of the organization.
* Northeast Iowa Community College (NICC) announced its new provost at the Peosta campus, Jeffrey Armstrong, Ph.D. He served as vice chancellor of education for Eastern Iowa Community College (EICC) and, while on leave, completed an assignment with the University of Massachusetts-Amherst working in Afghanistan. In this role since September 2012, he served as the senior manager/associate degree programs for the Afghanistan Higher Education Project and the University Support Workforce Development Project, both USAID-funded initiatives that helped to develop the policies and programs to implement community college-like programs in Afghanistan. He began his association with EICC in 1982 in continuing education and in 1988 became associate dean of academic affairs at Muscatine Community College (MCC). In this position, he was responsible for adjunct faculty and alternative high school programs. In 1990, he assumed the position of dean of academic affairs for MCC, where he was responsible for all areas of instruction at the Muscatine campus.
* Patrick Kommer has joined DuTrac Community Credit Union as a financial services consultant. He will be working at the 14th and Elm streets branch.
* The Funders' Network for Smart Growth and Livable Communities announced that Nancy Van Milligen, president and CEO of the Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque, will serve a two-year term as chairwoman of its board of directors. The Funders' Network is a membership organization that helps grant-makers across North America advance strategies to create fair, prosperous and sustainable regions and communities that offer everyone the chance for a good life.
* Jessica Soppe was promoted to director at CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP. She focuses on business valuation and forensic accounting and has been with the firm for 13 years. She is also an accredited senior appraiser and certified fraud examiner.
* Platinum Supplemental Insurance announced the following: Brian Clark was promoted to application development manager in the IT department. In his new position, he will be responsible for facilitating mobile and Windows-based projects to create applications that help support Platinum's business initiatives. He joined Platinum in 2008 as a member of the software development team. He received a bachelor's degree in computer science and chemistry from Clarke University.
Rick Robinson was hired as a military recruiting manager to help connect service men and women with a Platinum sales career. In this position, Robinson promotes the Platinum Sales Opportunity and educates and interviews interested candidates. Most recently, he worked as a sales representative selling Platinum Supplemental Insurance products.
The company, which continues to expand its home office in Dubuque, also hired the following new employees: Carol Carber, Bryan Mours, Kimberly Hames and Richard Canganelli, personnel managers; Omar Sinno, software developer; Justin Taylor, VOIP/CRM administrator; Rachel Peterson, project manager; Brandon Schetgen, IT systems analyst; Meghan Hines, Angie Kirk and Alicia Maas, customer service specialists; and Tara McDonald, receptionist.
* The Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque announced the following new board members: Chad Chandlee, of Kendall Hunt; Bob Hoefer, of DuPaco Community Credit Union; Keith Kramer, of F&M Bank; and Teri Zuccaro, of Clarke University.
* Medical Associates Clinic announced that Janet Bales, R.N., has been selected as the winner of the 2014 Benfer Award. The award is presented to a nurse who has shown exemplary leadership in the area of psychiatric nursing management or administration demonstrating strengths in the delivery of psychiatric and mental health services, improvement of client care and contributions to professional organizations. The award is sponsored by the American Psychiatric Nurses Association - Iowa Chapter. She is the nurse manager in the Medical Associates Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, where she has provided care for patients and leadership since joining the clinic in 1990.
* Dale Junk, of Tri-State Building Corp., Bellevue, Iowa, was recently honored by Wick Buildings for being the top dealer in the company with 55 buildings sold and a record-setting $2.5 million in sales. Wick Buildings has been in operation since 1964. Its buildings are sold by independent dealers and built by independent builders and Wick crews.
Telegraph Herald (c) 2014 ProQuest Information and Learning Company; All Rights Reserved.
Back To NFVZone's Homepage