Advertise with us
[April 27, 2014]
people in business [Telegraph-Herald (Dubuque, IA)]
(Telegraph-Herald (Dubuque, IA) Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Woodward Communications Inc. announced that Patricia Dietz has joined the Human Resources Department as human resources generalist. Dietz has her Professional in Human Resources certification and is the president-elect for the Tri-State Human Resources Association board. She formerly worked the past six years as human resources director for Dubuque Data Services.
* DuTrac Community Credit Union announced the following board of directors at the 67th annual meeting: Kevin Mueller and Michael Ready were elected to three-year terms to the board of directors. Robert Mannhardt was elected to fill the remaining unexpired (two-year) term of Donald Pfohl, who retired from the board in August after more than 21 years of service.
Elected officers: Harlan Pedretti, chairman; Dan Deutmeyer, vice chairman; Ready, chief financial officer and treasurer; and Mueller, secretary.
Deutmeyer was appointed credit committee chair and will serve with Vonda Hosch, Mueller, associate board member Nicholas Specht and senior vice-president lending Bob Upton. Linda MacDonald was appointed audit committee chair and will serve with Mannhardt, John Vail and Scott Neyens.
* Flexsteel Industries Inc. announced the following promotions and new staff employees: Promotions: JR Randall has been promoted to manager of Product Development and Engineering. He has been with the company for 35 years.
Patti Hoefer has been promoted to inside sales supervisor. She has been with the company for more than 40 years.
Cindy Vosberg has been promoted to corporate purchasing administrator. She has been with the company for 39 years.
New employees: John St. Amand, senior project manager, IT Department; Greg Coogan, programming intern, IT Department; Nikki Lattner, sales expeditor, Residential Sales Department; Kelly Kieffer, sales expeditor, Residential Sales Department; Nona Duccini, sales assistant, Residential Sales Department; Brian Spears, VP Commercial Group; Jason Schadel, manager of Corporate Quality, Product Development Department; Ryan Trilk, cost engineer, Product Development Department; Andrew Thibadeau, pattern layout technician, Product Development Department; Hollyanne Butler, supply chain intern, Sourced Products Department; Peter Theisen, marketing assistant, Marketing Department; and Ashley Gilbertson, marketing assistant, Marketing Department.
* Clarke University announced that Beth Triplett, vice president for Enrollment Management at Clarke, is one of 23 senior-level administrators in higher education nationwide selected by the Council of Independent Colleges to participate in a year-long Executive Leadership Academy. Individuals chosen are vice presidents or cabinet officers in higher education who aspire to the presidency of an independent college or university. She will participate in two seminars held in Washington, D.C., as well as readings, webinars and a mentoring program. In addition, she will develop an experiential learning plan focused on specific areas of presidential responsibility. She joined Clarke in July 2008. She formerly served as vice president for Enrollment at Maryville University in St. Louis, vice president for Enrollment and Student Life at the University of Detroit Mercy, vice president for Enrollment/Dean of Student Life at the University of Charleston in West Virginia and was the director of Student Activities at Wartburg College in Waverly, Iowa.
* Jeff Stiles has been appointed financial representative by Northwestern Mutual in Dubuque. As a financial representative, he will join a network of specialists offering an array of products. He will provide guidance and solutions for financial needs and goals. Before joining Northwestern Mutual, he was a personnel manager with Platinum Insurance Services in Dubuque.
* Crescent Electric Supply Co., one of the 10 largest electrical- distribution companies in the nation, has promoted Jesse Veek to field marketing specialist. He will primarily help implement sales and marketing strategies for Crescent Electric's 141 branches nationwide. Previously, Veek spent two years at Crescent Electric's branch in Madison, Wis., as a counter salesperson. He holds a bachelor's degree in business administration from the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
* Two local architects and members of the American Institute of Architects, Iowa Chapter (AIA Iowa) have been recognized for their service to the Dubuque area. They are participants in the AIA Iowa Citizen Architect Program sponsored by AIA Iowa.
Christina Monk, AIA, of FEH Associates, serves as a volunteer architect on the Historic Preservation Commission. The commission was established to serve as an advisory committee to the council on matters related to historic properties within Dubuque. It facilitates education of the public related to historic properties and sustainability; promotes and conducts educational and interpretive programs on historic properties within its jurisdiction; and identifies, evaluates, registers, manages and protects significant prehistoric and historic archaeological sites.
Kevin Eipperle, AIA, of FEH, has accepted the role of president for the Northeast Iowa Council Boy Scouts of America, after having served in various capacities over the past two decades. The council board of directors oversees scouting in the council for Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venturing and the Exploring program.
* Medical Associates Clinic announced that Hendrik Schultz, M.D., has received the Fellow in Hospital Medicine designation from the Society of Hospital Medicine. He was one of 137 fellows in the elite class of 2014. The fellow designation recognizes hospitalists with at least five years experience and commitment to the practice of hospital medicine and the patients they serve. These hospitalists demonstrate dedication to quality and improvement, organizational teamwork and leadership and active participation in continuous learning and education. He is board-certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases. He joined Medical Associates Clinic in 2010 as a hospitalist. He provides care to patients while they are in the hospital, and works with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff to deliver expert inpatient medical treatment.
* Inland Home Mortgage announced the following: Greg Hill has joined the Dubuque branch as area manager. He has more than nine years of experience in residential mortgages and SBA loans. He has been providing mortgages in the Dubuque area for five years.
Kyle Pfeiffer joined Inland Home Mortgage as a senior loan officer, specializing in residential mortgages. He has more than 15 years of banking and sales experience. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from the University of Iowa.
* Teal Jennings will be joining the set of the Emmy-winning "Today In Iowa" Newscast, along with anchoring duties for the KWWL "News at Noon." Her career in news began in eastern Iowa. She was on the front lines in reporting on the devastating floods of 2008, as well as the historic immigration raid on the Agriprocessor's plant in Postville. Jennings comes to KWWL most recently from financial reporting with Bloomberg Television in Chicago.
* Laura Beyer has accepted the position of director of ambulatory and perianesthesia services at Mercy Medical Center-Dubuque. She most recently worked as the director of patient care services at Guttenberg Municipal Hospital. She obtained an associate's degree in nursing from Indian Hills Community College in Ottumwa, Iowa, and a Master of Science degree in nursing with a specialization in leadership and management from Walden University.
* Bodine Electric Co., Peosta, Iowa, announced the following: Kris Nation has been promoted to senior quality assurance engineer.
Mike Bodine, a fourth-generation member of the family business, has been promoted to SharePoint site collection administrator.
* Caroline Ruhl, president of Ruhl & Ruhl Realtors, announced that Dan Schmitt has joined the Dubuque office, 600 Star Brewery Drive, Suite 300.
Telegraph Herald (c) 2014 ProQuest Information and Learning Company; All Rights Reserved.
Back To NFVZone's Homepage