Advertise with us
[April 27, 2014]
The Latest in Video Surveillance Trends
(PR Web Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) April 27, 2014 The video surveillance industry has seen tremendous growth over the last decade. The factors related to the growth include demand and innovative technology. "During the past decade the video surveillance equipment market has grown quickly, expanding at a double-digit rate in most years," said Niall Jenkins, research manager, video surveillance and security services for IHS. "This year will be no exception, with growth led by strong demand for fixed-dome and 180/360-degree network camera products. As for vertical markets, the city surveillance and utility/energy sectors will drive the biggest increases in sales." CCS Presentation Systems, a national AV solutions provider predicts five trends in the surveillance industry in 2014.
1. Crowd Sourcing - Video Surveillance Data and Social Media Analytics Crowd sourcing allows officials to gather data from other agencies and the public via smart phones and social media, increasing the number of eyes and ears to help identify criminal acts before they occur. The trend to obtain and manage data from crowd sourcing video requested by law enforcement officials is expected to increase.
2. Thermal Cameras Make a Big Hit Thermal cameras, better known as Infrared cameras are predicted to decrease in cost over the next few years making them more affordable than prior years and provides the ability to view in the dark.
3. Panoramic Cameras Provides Better View Panoramic 180/360 degree cameras are designed for wide open spaces such as airports, casinos, and retail stores. The wide angle view covers more area with fewer cameras making them a better choice when surveying large vicinities.
4. Live Streaming Video by Police Officials Live streaming video has existed for a while, however, the issue of cost and who pays for it has kept it from coming to the forefront. This type of surveillance allows officials to better protect assets and human life, which will make this technology the norm.
5. The Need for Audio Capabilities Increase Video surveillance systems with audio capabilities allow owners to hear conversations, screams for help and other activities that are happening in the background, providing information nearby that the camera can't view.
Security Product Depot is an established online provider of physical security products and security information. They are committed to offering a broad array of the latest technology to help their clients protect their assets and property.
Read the full story at
(c) 2014 PRWEB.COM Newswire
Back To NFVZone's Homepage