Advertise with us
[February 21, 2014]
UPDATE: TDS completes broadband Internet project in Colorado
(ENP Newswire Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) ENP Newswire - 21 February 2014 Release date- 19022014 - TDS announces the ARRA broadband stimulus project encompassing areas of Orchard City, locations of Redlands Mesa West and Paine Siding east of Austin, and North Fork communities of Crawford & Somerset; high-speed Internet service now available to businesses and nearly 800 households.
TDS Telecom (TDS) announces its broadband Internet project in Colorado- encompassing areas of Orchard City, locations of Redlands Mesa West and Paine Siding east of Austin, and North Fork communities of Crawford & Somerset-is now complete. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) stimulus-funded project makes high-speed Internet accessible to more area residents and businesses. In fact, the project has enabled nearly 800 households, about 250 more than TDS projected in their application.
In late-November, TDS announced a portion of this Colorado project was complete. TDS installed about 12 miles of fiber optics cabling and 12 cabinets (which protect the advanced network electronics) throughout its Delta County Tele-Comm, Inc. Customers interested in signing up for services should call 888-CALL-TDS (888-225-5837).
This is one of 44 projects that TDS is receiving funding for from the United States Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Rural Utilities Service (RUS) as part of the ARRA. TDS projected the cost at just over $2.4 million. The RUS grant covered 75 percent of the cost and TDS invested the remaining 25 percent (just over $600,000) to expand broadband to more businesses and residents.
Nationwide, more than 95 percent of TDS customers already have access to high-speed Internet service. TDS is intent on providing as many remaining customers with broadband connectivity as possible. According to TDS, federal stimulus funds are helping to close the gap and deliver Internet connectivity to more than 27,000 customers.
TDS Telecom, the seventh largest local exchange telephone company in the U.S., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. TDS Telecom provides nearly one million customer connections to high-speed Internet, phone, and TV entertainment services to customers in more than a hundred rural, suburban, and metropolitan communities. TDS Telecom offers businesses the latest communications solutions, including: VoIP (managedIP Hosted) phone service, dedicated high-speed Internet and hosted-managed services. Visit tdstelecom.com or tdsbusiness.com.
TDS Telecom, headquartered in Madison, Wis., operates OneNeck IT Solutions LLC (oneneck.com) and TDS Baja Broadband LLC (bajabroadband.com). Combined, the company employs 3,400 people.
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. [NYSE: TDS], a Fortune 500 company, provides wireless; cable and wireline broadband, TV and voice; and hosted and managed services to approximately six million customers nationwide through its subsidiaries TDS Telecom and U.S. Cellular. Founded in 1969 and headquartered in Chicago, Telephone and Data Systems employs 10,600 people. Visit teldta.com.
For background information and updates, visit www.tdstelecom.com/stimulus.
For more information, or a high-resolution map, contact: Cindy Tomlinson, Associate Manager-Public Relations / TDS Telecom / 608-664-4471 / firstname.lastname@example.org (c) 2014 Electronic News Publishing -
Back To NFVZone's Homepage