Advertise with us
[February 21, 2014]
Ericsson demos bring future to Mobile World Congress 2014; Ericsson â€˜must-seeâ€™ demos at Mobile World Congress 2014 give glimpse of the future, including whatâ€™s new in 5G
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) As telecom's most important event, Mobile World Congress is also the best opportunity to experience the latest in future-shaping demos from industry leader Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC). With lightning-fast mobile broadband, world firsts in LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation and Coordinated Radio Access Network, a Global Network Operations Center with live data from real networks, the latest in LTE Broadcast and Digital Signage, and a first look at Ericsson's thin modem offering, these are the demos not to be missed.
Mobile World Congress starts on Monday in Fira Gran Via, Barcelona, Spain, and will run until February 27. Ericsson is at Stand 2S60 in Hall 2.
ERICSSON RESEARCH For a sneak peek at what the future holds, take a look at the "What's Next" area with the latest from Ericsson Research.
The concept of a holistic 5G system solution and evolved mobile broadband cases such as extreme mobile broadband for local access and higher service level "everywhere" will be on show. This will include new types of usage, mainly machine-type communication. A hands-on experience demo will give users a feel for what the Networked Society will make possible.
The Future City Coordination Center visualizes public safety programs of the future. It includes a simulation of a coordination center handling a fire at an oil refinery, environmental public health monitoring, water leaks, root-cause analyzes and monitoring of water pollution.
One of the showpieces in the Ericsson Hall is a complete Global Network Operations Center . Eight LCD displays forming a 7m by 2m video wall will be used to display live feeds from our centers in Romania, India and Mexico. Using best-in-class tools and dashboards, Ericsson's GNOCs provide customer-centric managed operations by monitoring not only operations and technology but also service and customer experience-related KPIs. Local network operations centers provide similar services to customers in the transport and utilities industries, and there will also be live feeds from these centers.
Other highlights include: * Managed M2M for enterprises and operators, with walkthroughs of real M2M processes featuring cargo shipping, smart grids and smart metering operations.
* Managed Rural Coverage , providing coverage as a service for rural areas.
* Ericsson Device Care , an Ericsson Device and Application Verification service that enables operators to remotely view, control, configure and perform real-time diagnostics on mobile devices and applications.
* Spectrum Refarming 2.0 , a turnkey service that allows an existing GSM/UMTS network to use less spectrum without jeopardizing quality, freeing up this expensive resource for more carriers or new technologies.
Ericsson is also unveiling several world firsts in Barcelona, as part of our Networks Software 14B release coming later this year. Highlights include: LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation demo suite * Speeds up to 450Mbps to a single device using three carriers.
* Commercially ready LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation using two 20MHz carriers, with the world's first inter-company demonstration of mobile broadband speeds up to 300Mbps to a partner device.
Coordinated Radio Access Network demo suite * The world's first inter-company LTE Advanced Combined Cell demonstration, using Transmission Mode 9 (TM9) with a partner device. Increases mobile broadband capacity by as much as 100 percent and raises cell-edge throughput.
3.5 GHZ LTE demo suite * Use of the 3.5GHz band and LTE Advanced as a carrier aggregation supplementary downlink to a partner device, another world first, to increase mobile broadband speeds.
* Demo of Authorized Shared Access (ASA) accelerates mobile operator's access to new bands by enabling dynamic sharing of spectrum between entities.
New business opportunities open up, among other areas in OSS and BSS, and TV and media. At MWC 2014, demos include LTE Broadcast for Digital Signage, next-generation Live TV, Efficient Lead-to-Cash for Service Agility, live LTE Broadcast, and Media Delivery Network demos with leading operators and industry partners.
* Efficient Lead-to-Cash for Service Agility enables the operator to differentiate, build loyalty and drive profitable revenue growth by optimizing, evolving and transforming the Lead-to-Cash cycle.
* Digital Signage uses the growing number of connected screens to provide new use cases and revenue models. LTE Broadcast allows mobile operators to deliver advertising or entertainment to a broad number of screens cost-effectively, enabling real-time, dynamic updates of billboards, taxi and elevator screens, and public venue displays.
* Next-Generation Live TV , Ericsson video compression has led TV evolution for over 20 years. UHDTV delivery and Adaptive Bit Rate multicast will be among the latest video compression technologies on display.
* Business Agility with SP-SDN and NFV , create, implement and deploy new network services, capturing new revenues through network virtualization.
* Integrated Assurance and Analytics for IPTV, with enhanced assurance and analytics capabilities, operators can gain insights and take targeted actions to boost customer experience and minimize churn.
Modems are the key enablers for the Networked Society. Ericsson modems support all major access technologies in one device (LTE FDD and TDD, WCDMA, GSM, TD-SCDMA). By providing extensive band support in the same chipset, we solve the challenge of a fragmented market. We are demonstrating this during MWC with an ongoing voice call on a device traveling around the globe with seamless handovers between new and legacy technologies.
We will also have the world's smallest and most power-efficient LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation modem on hand: the Ericsson M7450 provides maximum design flexibility for smartphones, tablets and any other connected device.
During Mobile World Congress 2014 in Barcelona, Spain, Ericsson is showing world-leading technology and service capabilities and innovations. We believe that anything that benefits from a connection will be connected, and we lead the way with solutions that drive the development in mobility, broadband and the cloud, creating the foundation for eco-systems and transformation across industries. We are your guide in the Networked Society.
Welcome to our media and analyst briefing, Monday, February 24, 08:30am CET. You can find us at MWC in Hall 2, Stand 2S60. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org Follow us during the event using @Ericsson and @Networked_Soc and join the discussion using #MWC14.
Insights from our experts and Networked Society evangelists are also published on our blog during the event.
NOTES TO EDITORS Ericsson Mobile World Congress Media Kit Download high-resolution photos and broadcast-quality video at www.ericsson.com/press Ericsson is a world-leading provider of communications technology and services. We are enabling the Networked Society with efficient real-time solutions that allow us all to study, work and live our lives more freely, in sustainable societies around the world.
Our offering comprises services, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology for telecom operators and other industries. Today 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic goes through Ericsson networks and we support customers' networks servicing more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
We are more than 110,000 people working with customers in more than 180 countries. Founded in 1876, Ericsson is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. In 2013 the company's net sales were SEK 227.4 billion (USD 34.9 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX, Stockholm and NASDAQ, New York stock exchanges.
www.ericsson.com www.ericsson.com/news www.twitter.com/ericssonpress www.facebook.com/ericsson www.youtube.com/ericsson FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT Ericsson Corporate Communications Phone: +46 10 719 69 92 E-mail: email@example.com Ericsson Investor Relations Phone: +46 10 719 00 00 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
(c) 2014 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
Back To NFVZone's Homepage