the cloud-based predictive marketing company, today announced the
results of its new data-driven marketing survey where 70 mid-market
retail and eCommerce executives shared information about their use of
big data and predictive marketing analytics in day-to-day marketing. The
findings show that big data marketing gained traction among mid-market
retailers in 2013, and there will be continued traction in 2014.
Based on the survey findings, AgilOne was able to identify ten 2014 big
data marketing predictions that pertain to mid-market retailers:
1) 80% of retailers will have a central customer data warehouse with the
ability to link all data points to unique customer channels.
2) More companies will integrate offline, call center and loyalty
transactions with their online customer data.
3) Nearly 70% of retailers will be using predictive analytics for at
least one of their sales channels.
4) Marketers will move beyond using only likelihood to buy predictions
and will begin to utilize recommendations, customer clusters and
likelihood to churn predictions.
5) Predictive modeling will move beyond email and direct mail to include
social media and offline transactions.
6) Nearly 70% of retailers will be doing customer segmentation.
7) Marketers will move beyond new customer welcome campaigns and
(finally) launch abandonedcart campaigns, customer win-back campaigns
and VIP customer appreciation programs.
8) Over two-thirds of retail marketers will decide how to invest their
marketing dollars based on which channels attract the highest customers
with the highest lifetime value.
9) Almost half of marketers will have tried Facebook lookalike campaigns
to acquire more valuable customers.
10) Half of retailers will outsource the creation of analytics models,
but most will have marketers on staff that can use analytics models.
"It's no surprise that big data marketing will continue on an upward
growth pattern in 2014," said Dominique Levin, VP of marketing at
AgilOne. "Mid-market retailers know that being able to predict a buyer's
next move is what can set them apart from their biggest competitors. The
better they can communicate with their customer base, the more likely
they are to retain high-value customers and grow their overall bottom
To learn more about AgilOne's survey findings and 2014 predictions,
register for a webinar titled, "Insights from AgilOne's Data-Driven
Marketing Survey," that will take place on Thursday, January 16, 2014 at
8:30 a.m. PST.
AgilOne is a cloud-based predictive marketing platform. It is used by
brands including Shazam, Sports Authority, Moosejaw, ideeli, and
shopPBS.org. AgilOne helps marketers connect with the individual in
every customer. AgilOne prescribes exactly the right marketing offer,
makes each relationship more profitable, and simplifies the science of
marketing. Based on a data-scientist approach, AgilOne makes big
customer data clean and smart. Then, AgilOne recommends what immediate
actions to take to increase revenue. AgilOne is based in Mountain View,
CA and is venture-funded by Sequoia Capital and Mayfield Fund. The
company has been featured in well-respected publications and news
programs including CNN,
Marketplace, and Internet
Retailer magazine. For more information, please visit http://www.agilone.com.
[ Back To NFVZone's Homepage ]