Advertise with us
[April 09, 2013]
Full text of China-Cambodia joint press communique
BEIJING, Apr 09, 2013 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- The following is the full text of the joint press communique between China and Cambodia issued on Tuesday during the official visit by Prime Minister Samdech Akka Moha Sena Pedei Techo Hun Sen of the Kingdom of Cambodia to China: Joint Press Communique Between the People's Republic of China and the Kingdom of Cambodia 1. At the invitation of Premier Li Keqiang of the State Council of the People's Republic of China, Prime Minister Samdech Akka Moha Sena Pedei Techo Hun Sen of the Kingdom of Cambodia paid an official visit to the People's Republic of China on 6-10 April 2013. During the visit, Prime Minister Hun Sen met with President Xi Jinping of the People's Republic of China and Mr. Zhang Dejiang, Chairman of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress and held talks with Premier Li Keqiang.
2. The two sides agreed that since the establishment of diplomatic relations between China and Cambodia 55 years ago, the traditional friendship between the two countries, jointly forged and nurtured by Chairman Mao Zedong, Premier Zhou Enlai and other members of the older generation of the Chinese leadership and His Majesty King-Father Norodom Sihanouk, has grown from strength to strength with the passage of time. Both sides spoke highly of the progress made in bilateral cooperation in the political, economic, social and cultural fields since the upgrading of China-Cambodia relations to comprehensive strategic partnership of cooperation in 2010.
The two sides agreed to establish an inter-governmental coordination committee between the two countries and jointly implement the Action Plan on the Implementation of the Comprehensive Strategic Partnership of Cooperation between the Government of the People's Republic of China and the Royal Government of Cambodia signed during this visit, coordinate and deepen cooperation in various areas, so as to promote further development of the comprehensive strategic partnership of cooperation between the two countries.
3. The year 2013 marks the 55th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between China and Cambodia and the "China-Cambodia Friendship Year". The two sides reached agreement on relevant celebration plans, announced the launch of the "China-Cambodia Friendship Year", and agreed to implement various activities to expand exchanges and enhance mutual understanding and friendship between the peoples of the two countries.
4. Both sides agreed to maintain the momentum of high-level contacts, strengthen exchanges and cooperation between governments, parliaments and political parties, deepen exchanges in governance and promote communication and coordination at various levels.
Both sides agreed to enhance cooperation between the foreign ministries of the two sides, implement the Protocol of Cooperation between the two foreign ministries, hold bilateral diplomatic consultation on a regular basis and maintain close communication on bilateral relations and issues of shared interest, and promote cooperation in such areas as national defence, law enforcement and security with a view to upholding respective national security and regional peace and stability.
5. The Chinese side reaffirmed support to Cambodia in upholding national independence and following a development path that serves its national interest. The Cambodian side reiterated its commitment to the one-China policy under which it recognizes the government of the People's Republic of China as the sole legal government to represent the whole China and Taiwan an inseparable part of China's territory, opposes any form of "Taiwan independence", and continues to support the peaceful development of cross-straits relations and the peaceful reunification of China.
6. Both sides expressed satisfaction with the considerable achievements in bilateral trade and economic cooperation and agreed to enhance strategic coordination in economic development, prioritize cooperation in such areas as agriculture, transportation infrastructure, energy, communications and water conservancy etc., and upgrade the level of trade and economic cooperation. Both sides agreed to take concrete and effective measures to maintain stable increase of bilateral trade and strive for the realization of the target of 5 billion USD in bilateral trade by 2017. China will continue to encourage competent enterprises to enhance mutually-beneficial cooperation with Cambodian companies in such priority areas as infrastructure, agriculture, water conservancy, industry, tourism, development of special economic zones and cooperation parks, as well as energy and mineral resources.
7. China will continue to support the development of tourism industry in Cambodia and encourage more Chinese nationals to visit the country. Both sides agreed to give positive consideration to expanding aviation rights arrangements and support and encourage the increase of air routes and flights of airline businesses between the two countries.
8. The two sides agreed to enhance coordination and cooperation in international and regional affairs to jointly safeguard the interests of developing countries. China reiterated its support for ASEAN Community building and ASEAN's centrality in East Asian cooperation. China appreciated Cambodia's long-term efforts in moving forward East Asian cooperation and promoting China-ASEAN relations.
Both sides agreed to step up coordination and cooperation in regional mechanisms such as ASEAN Plus China, Japan and Republic of Korea, East Asia Summit(EAS), ASEAN Regional Forum(ARF), ASEAN Defence Ministers' Meeting-Plus (ADMM-Plus), Greater Mekong Subregion Economic Cooperation Program (GMS) and Asia Cooperation Dialogue(ACD). China will work closely with Cambodia in taking the 10th anniversary of the establishment of China-ASEAN Strategic Partnership as an opportunity to fully implement agreements reached between leaders of China and ASEAN countries, deepen and expand cooperation in political, security, economic and trade, connectivity, maritime, socio-cultural and other fields and lift the China-ASEAN Strategic Partnership to a higher level and make greater contribution to regional peace, stability and prosperity.
Both sides agreed that China and ASEAN countries should jointly endeavor to continue the comprehensive implementation of the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the South China Sea, carry out pragmatic cooperation in the South China Sea, and jointly uphold peace and stability in the South China Sea.
9. Both sides are satisfied with the outcomes of Prime Minister Hun Sen's visit to China and share the view that this visit is of great significance for the further development of China-Cambodia relations.
Prime Minister Hun Sen expressed appreciation for the warm hospitality extended by the Chinese side during the visit.
Beijing, April 9, 2013
Back To NFVZone's Homepage