Advertise with us
[February 22, 2013]
Research and Markets Adds Report: Argentina Total Telecommunications Services Markets 2012: The Major Competitors Leading the Argentinean Market
Feb 22, 2013 (Close-Up Media via COMTEX) -- Research and Markets has announced the addition of Frost & Sullivan's new report "Argentina Total Telecommunications Services Markets 2012: The Major Competitors Leading the Argentinean Market" to its offerings.
In a release, Research and Markets noted that report highlights include: This research service covers the Argentinean total telecommunications market and examines key drivers and restraints for growth, trends, and forecasts. The total market is composed by the segments fixed telephony services, mobile telephony services, fixed broadband services, pay TV services, and fixed VoIP services. In addition, revenue segmentation by geography is provided considering the concession areas of the regulatory authority CNC, as well as customer type segmentation considering residential, small and medium businesses, and corporate customers. An in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape, including operator market shares and profiles, is also provided. The base year is 2011, and forecasts run through 2017.
Summary - The main trends impacting the market are companies investing in pay TV services operations and integration of fixed and mobile operations to offer converged services.
- The main drivers for growth are converged offers, intensifying competition, and competitors' investments to offer Triple Play.
- Important drivers in the mobile services segment are the implementation and expansion of 3G networks.
- However, the lack of competition in remote areas and small cities, regulated tariffs, high inflation, and an unstable economic and political outlook are importation restraints.
- Concerning regulatory issues, the restriction for telecommunications companies (telcos) to enter the cable TV and Internet protocol television (IPTV) markets also restrains the market.
- Indirectly, this negatively impacts the broadband services market, because telcos can only go from a dumb pipe to a smart pipe through Video on Demand (VoD) and not directly with TV broadcasting.
- Regarding mobile services, important restraints are low spectrum caps (MHz), when compared to other countries in Latin America, delays in auctions for new spectrum frequencies, and government interference in this market.
- For instance, after seven years of several delays for a new spectrum auction, in September 2012, the government suspended the planned tender and assigned the frequencies to ARSAT, a public company that operates satellite services.
- This new entrant in the mobile market has the role of implementing a national broadband network and competing with private operators.
- Another sign of government influence in the mobile services segment is the development of mobile phones with a digital TV receiver. America Movil, Movistar, and Personal are committed to advancing partnerships with manufacturers to supply these phones.
- The competitive structure of the market is consolidating into six major groups: Telefonica S.A.; Telecom Italia; America Movil; DIRECTV, Clarin Group and Nextel.
- However, there are also relevant niche participants with competitive offerings.
- The three largest groups: Telefonica S.A., Telecom Italia, and America Movil - have a strong presence in all residential, small and medium business (SMB), and corporate segments.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer - Is the market growing How long will it continue to grow and at what rate - Which telecommunications services present the highest growth opportunities from 2011 to 2017 - What are the trends in the market regarding technology, competition, consumer demands, and the economy - What are the most important regulatory issues impacting telecommunications services in Argentina - What are the main industry challenges that operators will face until 2017 - How are revenue and LIS divided among the residential, SMB, and corporate segments Key Topics Covered: 1. Executive Summary 2. Market Overview 3. Total Telecommunications Services Market 4. Argentinian Fixed Telephony Services Segment 5. Argentinian Mobile Telephony Services Segment 6. Argentinian Fixed Broadband Services Segment 7. Argentinian Pay TV Services Segment 8. Argentinian Data Communications Services Segment 9. Argentinian Fixed VoIP Services Segment 10. The Last Word Companies Mentioned - America Movil - Movistar - DIRECTV - Clarin Group - Telefonica S.A.
- Telecom Italia Report information:
((Comments on this story may be sent to email@example.com))
Back To NFVZone's Homepage