After using and testing the Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700t (XE700T1C) for a few weeks I've come to the conclusion that Windows 8 tablets will without a doubt beat Apple iPad tablets and Android tablets. The reason is simple actually and can be summed up in just two words - "No compromise". With Apple tablets and even Android tablets there is always some compromise. With Apple, the biggest compromise is the lack of Flash and if I hear one more person tell me Flash is dead and HTML5 is the way to go I'm going to smack them! I cannot tell you how many times on my Apple iPad I visit a website that uses Flash video and I cannot play it. Very frustrating. Back in July, I said the following:
Because both iOS and Android are "limiting" in offering FULL Windows app support, some browser plugins, Silverlight, Adobe Flash (iOS only), I truly believe the Microsoft Surface tablet will be an iPad and Android tablet killer. If I was using a Windows 8 tablet I'm sure the RTE [Rich Text] editor would work just fine. I also believe that is why Samsung is working hard on a Windows 8 tablet themselves, because even Samsung sees the potential behind a full touch-enabled version of Windows with no limitations. Apple iOS and Android aren't bad operating systems, but they only get me 90% there. I want the remaining 10% features.Call me a Microsoft fanboy, but Windows 8 tablets for the win!
Continue reading Windows 8 Tablets Will Beat Apple & Android...
Tags: 700t, android, apple, ativ, google, ios, samsung, smart pc pro, tablets, touch, windows 8
Related tags: windows tablet, windows tablets, compromise apple, visual studio, android tablets, windows
[ Back To NFVZone's Homepage ]